BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

some people may think i'm crazy..



Wow. I can't believe how long it's been since i've posted my last entry. I've been pretty busy even though the fall semester is now officially in the past! I've been doing a lot of working with Clark (the high school kid that I tutor in English, Environmental Science, and Spanish) and dealing with crazy last-minute shoppers at Victoria's Secret. I've actually enjoyed sleeping until 11am on most days. When I first came home, my mom thought I was going to sleep my life away! Some days I would not wake up until about 4pm (and that's not even the record time--5:17pm).

Since school has been out I have been making this "bucket list" of things to do before I'm 30. Anddddd running a half marathon and a marathon are among those crazy things on my to-do list. I've decided to go ahead and start now (since I'm 20) and try to cross off about 1-3 things/year. I've made the big decision to tackle a half marathon race in Raleigh, NC on March 27, 2010. Yeah go ahead and call me crazy for doing it, but it's great for my health and it will help me to achieve a cute bod by the summer time. I've promised myself to weight myself before and after each short/long run too. Soooo, a few things that I've got to pick up before I embark on my training journey are:

1. New Running Shoes (The ones I have are about 6 years old. I've kept them since the good 'ole running days in high school. The cute light pink color that USED to be on them is now LIGHT BROWN. pretty gross? yeah, i know.

2. Update my cute ipod nano. (I know I'm going to need the motivation, so why not cure it with some good tunes? I plan on buying everything from Michael Jackson to Taylor Swift to crazy techno music)


3. Get a nice cute haircut. (If you know me, you know how much I hate my hair on my neck while I'm running. Ok, ok, ok...I mean I could just put it into a ponytail, but then the ponytail would grow and touch my neck too).

4. Build a nice support system. (I plan on telling everyone I know that I'm running a half marathon. You won't offend me if you tell me to shut up about it. I mean I'm excited about it. You should be too.)

As you can tell, I was born to be a runner. I've recently stopped running because it was wayyyy too much work to be a GOOD full-time student and a runner. I mean my academics are on my list of priorities...but why should I sacrifice my health for it and gain 10 pounds in a year? Um yeah, I did that this year. So I plan on staying ahead and even taping some of the lectures to listen on my ipod while I'm running. Not a bad idea, huh?

So lastly let me just say this. I can't believe I'm actually doing this. I've always been an athlete and I've always told my parents that I was going to do this one day. But actually doing it as an undergraduate is the unbelievable part! I plan on training for the marathon goal when I graduate from grad school. I mean I'm not going to be unrealistic with myself. Until next time...love, peace, and running. I'll see you at the finish line on March 27, 2010.

0 comments: